Malaga hosts #Empodera4SDGs, where the objectives of sustainable development will be the protagonists
The XII edition of the international reference symposium on social technology will be held on the 27th and 28th of September at the Echegaray Theater. This year, under the motto “Empower for the Sustainable Development Goals" #EmpoderaxlosODS #Empodera4SDGs, the Congress - framed in the third anniversary of the approval of the SDGs - will bring together 250 experts and leaders focused on offering a holistic vision of how social use of technology can help to achieve the challenges offered by the 2030 Agenda in a global, open, inclusive and sustainable manner, uniting efforts in a multisectoral and cross-cutting way. This event organized by the Cibervoluntarios Foundation, with the support of the City of Málaga, UNITAR and CIFAL Málaga, will count on the inauguration with Federico Buyolo, Director of the High Commissioner for the 2030 Agenda in the Government of Spain and for its closure with special participation from one of the fathers of the 2030 Agenda, Nikhil Seth, Assistant Secretary-General of the United Nations, and Executive Director of the United Nations Institute for Training and Research (UNITAR).
Also this year we will have a fantastic panel of speakers, among which are:
• Nighat Dad: Founder of Digital Rights Foundation Pakistan
• Audrey Tang: Civic Hacker and Taiwan’s Digital Minster
• Peter van Wingerden: Founder and CEO at Beladon
• Federico Buyolo: Director of the High Commissioner for the 2030 Agenda in the Spanish Government
• Luis Tamayo: Sociologist, cofounder Rethink&Remix and connector at Ouishare
• Paul Dziezic: Open Data Training and Services Project Manager at Openoil
• Sabine Wildeburg: Head of the Creative Care Lab at Waag Society
• Benjamin Dubow: Cofounder and CTO at Omelas. Director at Code to Inspire
• Guillermo Martinez: Industrial Organization Engineer y Founder of Ayudame 3D
• Elena Tóxica: Visual Artist & founder of Toxic Lesbian artistic collective
• Rob van Kranemburg: Founder of #IoT Council and #IoTDay
• Laila Josefin Azhar: Techfugees
• Ken Banks: Head of Social Impact at Yoti and founder of kiwanja.net
• Gail Rego: Head of Communication and Membership at Missing Children Europe
• Manon van Leeuwen: EU bidding expert at EOLAS. PTWIST Project
In the words of Yolanda Rueda, President of the Cibervoluntarios Foundation: "For us it is a privilege to share this day with the leaders of the 2030 Agenda, who will present us with the advances, challenges and opportunities of the social use of technology". He adds: "This act will also serve as a platform to promote the exchange of ideas and the implementation of future projects." According to Raúl Jiménez, Councilor for Citizen Participation of the City of Malaga: "We are very proud to be the framework chosen by this Congress and, in this way, contribute to the dissemination of projects on social innovation that are transforming the technological ecosystem."
The set of magnificent speakers make this edition an unmissable event to discover the new advances in social innovation.
Here you can check the program with all the hours and activities of this edition. Registration is open and free until full capacity.